CAPDEV Mid-Level Consultant
Opportunity type: Consultancy/Employment
Opportunity closing date:
Monday, 05 April, 2018
Capacity and Development Services (CAPDEV) is an organisational entity committed to contributing to Africa’s development by providing support through capacity strengthening, capacity building, development strategic planning, development management and coordination to institutions working on development issues in Africa. The organisation based in South Africa is engaged on continent-wide development issues in Africa; collaborating and supporting the lead work of Africa’s key continental organisations as well as international/United Nations system, partner organisations, and civil society/non-governmental organisations.
CAPDEV seeks to appoint a mid-level expert as a consultant to be based in Fourways, Johannesburg. The selected individual for this consultancy will work with the a team of highly experienced international professionals who have led and managed various development activities and held influential positions both internationally and in the African region on various projects and initiatives. The position will entail working closely and interfacing with international organisations, regional and sub-regional organisations, civil society and private sector organisations. The position also provides an opportunity for the individual to further develop his/her skills, gain experience in capacity development and the provision of development services, and learn in the African and international development environment.
- Masters level of education in Development Studies, Economics, International Relations, institutional development, and/or other social sciences;
- At least 2 years of work experience in the field of strategic/policy advice, institutional development, or capacity building/development;
- Demonstrated analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and creatively, with delegated authority;
- Knowledge of the African Union fifty-year vision Agenda (Agenda 2063) and the 2063 African institutional landscape are highly desirable.
Candidates interested in enhancing their professional abilities in working on development issues for International and continental development organisations are encouraged to apply
The duration of this consultancy is initially for a period of 3 months, and may be extended depending on programmatic exigencies at the end of the period.