CAPDEV’s work activities are designed around the following key thematic / focus areas;
- Capacity development and capacity building: Promotion of Agenda 2063 through capacity support services to organisations and institutions; Provision of development and capacity support services to development entities involving strategic planning, capacity building, content and process facilitation of development work initiatives and processes, conferences and workshops; Promoting and supporting the implementation of the Capacity Development Strategic Framework (CDSF) in Africa and related initiatives such as the Africa Platform for Development Effectiveness (APDev).
- Youth Capacity building initiatives: advocacy and promoting youth and women involvement; Promoting grassroots level development, increasing opportunities for youth capacity building and access to development information; youth integration in professional life through our Internship Scheme initiative; we facilitate access to various opportunities through our Opportunities Directory;
- Programmes and Projects design: Generating innovative development ideas and designing programme implementation approaches; providing support for programmes and projects – in terms of Design, Formulation, Implementation strategies, Reviews, Monitoring and Evaluation; Designing poverty alleviation strategies, including through grassroots wealth creation/small and medium entrepreneurial initiatives. We promote social cohesion through Social Fabric Enhancement Initiative
- Trade Cooperation: Promotion of Intra-African Trade through advocacy, analysis, research, networking/partnerships and publications; We also focus on African trade through our AFTADI initiative; Supporting and promoting Intra-African South-South Cooperation (SSC), as well as overall South-South Cooperation.
- Work on Specific requests and emerging opportunities: in addition to responding to specific requests and emerging opportunities for work on development issues, we provide substantive inputs, as may be required, for strategic development processes, policy dialogue, development management, coordination, funding and partnerships in Africa.