The expertise of CapDev senior experts includes extensive experience in development work drawn from years of working in the UN System, the World Bank and senior management positions in national, regional and international institutions and University networks.
The shared relevant skills and experience includes the following, amongst others:
- Extensive experiences in African and international programmes and projects on: democratic governance and election planning, food security/agriculture, foreign policy, diplomacy, regional integration, interregional-trade investments, environment and climate change, sustainable development, HIV/AIDS challenges, gender, capacity development.
- Experience with other development issues such as: security; conflict and post conflict development work including peace building, post conflict reconstruction and development; aid effectiveness, coordination and donor arrangements; public and private sector activities etc.;
- Project/Programme development and management involving identification, design, formulation, implementation, review, monitoring and evaluation; projects implementation focussing on capacity strengthening/development through skills training and learning initiatives;
- Strategic planning and management including scenario building and strategic choices; Iinstitutional and organisational development;
- Development and financial modelling, economic and entrepreneurial development projects; resource mobilisation, budgeting, etc.;
- Policy development and formulation including comparative policy analysis and integration of complex emerging development issues;
- Communication and training skills; networking and information sharing; facilitation of seminars and workshops, research analysis, report preparations and writing; etc.
Formal graduate/post-graduate qualifications for the team include: Development Economics, Economic Planning and Policy Analysis, Engineering, Environmental Management Standards, International Politics, as well as various professional and specialized training courses, including in the areas of: leadership, business, organizational and strategic management, evaluation/assessment, programme formulation, change management, etc.
Working languages: English, French, Spanish, Swahili.